Your service as a juror is a vital part of administering justice. Our system of justice could not function without citizens like you who are willing to serve.
All jurors must fill out the Juror Qualification. Should you like to claim an exemption from Jury Service and wish to be excused, please select one of the exemptions listed out at the bottom of the Questionnaire which can be found here.
A PERSON QUALIFIED TO SERVE AS A JUROR MAY CLAIM AN EXEMPTION FROM JURY SERVICE IF THE PERSON:
- Is over seventy (70) years of age.
- Has legal custody of a child or children younger than 12 years of age and, Jury Service would require leaving the child or children without adequate supervision.
- Is a student of a public or private secondary school.
- Is enrolled and in actual attendance at an institution of higher education.
- Is the primary caretaker of an invalid unable to care for themselves.
- Does not live within the city limits of the City of Midland. A person claiming a disqualification or exemption based on citizenship or residency in the county might not be eligible to vote in the county.
If you agree to report for Jury Service, it is not necessary for you to claim an exemption.
If you do not claim a statutory exemption, you should report for jury service as ordered by this summons. Unless you claim an exemption, only a Judge can excuse you from Jury Service. Any person who disobeys this summons is in Contempt of Court and may be punished accordingly.
Please be advised that you should wear appropriate attire when appearing for jury service. Shorts, hats, tank tops and flip-flop sandals are not allowed. T-shirts with derogatory images or messages are also not considered appropriate clothing.
At this time, masks are not required but are encouraged. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building.
If you have any reasons you may not be able to attend jury service that are not listed in the questionnaire, please call contact the Court at (432) 685-7303 so we may further assist you. We thank you for doing your civic duty and look forward to seeing you soon.