The City of Midland offers two locations for recycling. The Citizens Collection Station and Butt's Recycling. Plastics #1 and #2, paper, cardboard and aluminum can be recycled at both locations.
- Butt's Recycling Center- 26 W. Industrial Loop - Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Citizens Collection Station – 4100 Smith Road – Tuesday – Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. & Saturday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Citizen Collection Station is for the exclusive use of residents of the City of Midland hauling household items or recyclables from their own single-family residential homes.
- No commercial waste of any type will be accepted
- Anyone receiving payment to haul items from a residential site will not be accepted
- Bulky items i.e household furniture and mattresses
- White goods, such as stove, water heater, washers and dryers
- #1 & #2 Plastics
- Brush i.e. tree trimmings and yard trimmings
- Only single-axle trailer loads are accepted
- Residents only, no landscapers or contractors allowed
- Loads must be secure
- Commercial waste of any type
- Construction material of any type
- Hazardous waste
For more information on how you can recycle electronics, please visit the TCEQ pages for recycling televisions and/or computers. Both pages feature state-maintained manufacturer take-back programs that offer free recycling opportunities to residents of Texas.
View an Interactive map of our Recycling Locations!