Driving Safety Courses
If you have been charged with a moving violation, you may be eligible to attend a Driving Safety Course for the dismissal of that citation. A driving safety course is six hours in length and must be approved by the Texas Education Agency.
You may be eligible to sign up for the Driving Safety Course online at the Midland Municipal Court Online Payments website.
You Are Eligible If
- You have not completed a Driving Safety Course for the dismissal of a ticket within the past 12 months from the date of your citation
- You have a valid Texas Driver's License and it is not a commercial driver's license
- You have proof of liability insurance or financial responsibility
- You make an appearance at the court or mail in a request to attend a driving safety course within fourteen calendar days
- You must not currently be signed up to attend a driving safety course for dismissal of another citation
- You will be required to pay applicable court costs at the time you request to attend the Driving Safety Course. Driving Safety Course Providers
- You will be required to order a copy of your driving record from the Texas Department of Public Safety, (There is a separate fee payable to the Texas Department of Public Safety to obtain a copy of your record.) We will provide you with an order form.
- You can also request a copy of your record by visiting this website - Texas Department of Public Safety. You will be required to pay for printing the record at that time. DPS will not mail the record to you when visiting this website.
- You must request Type 3 - A. No other record will be accepted. Be sure to return a complete record to the court. The driving record should indicate "end of record"
You are not eligible to attend a Driving Safety Course if
- You are charged with speeding 25 miles or more per hour over the posted limit
- You are charged with speeding 95 miles or more per hour
- You are charged with passing a school bus
You do not have to see a Judge to request to attend a Driving Safety Course. You may appear at the cashier window during our office hours to make your request.
You have 90 days to complete the driving safety course and to return to the court with an official driving safety course certificate and a copy of your driving record. Failure to return the required proof may result in a warrant being issued for your arrest and the imposition of a fine, court costs, and warrant fees.
An appearance is required to be made within fourteen calendar days of the date of your citation. Your appearance should be made in person at 201 E. Texas or by mail. You may not enter an appearance by phone.
Click on the link below to print a request form to attend a driving safety course. Follow the instructions on the form and mail to the Municipal Court within 14 calendar days of the date your citation was received.