The current outdoor watering schedule allows residents and businesses in the City of Midland to water twice per week.
Even numbered addresses may water outdoors on Saturdays and Wednesdays.
Odd numbered addresses may water outdoors on Fridays and Tuesdays.
Any violation may result in a fine up to $500.
If you see someone violating the Drought Contingency Plan, please report the incident by calling 432-685-7474 or reporting your concern online through the Citizen Request Tracker.
Helpful Resources - What you should know about watering your yard
Midland is currently under Stage 2 (Moderate) Water Shortage Conditions:
See entire Drought Contingency Plan
In order to manage limited Water supplies and/or reduce Water demand, the City of Midland shall implement the following measures: reduced flushing of Water mains, reduced irrigation of public landscaped areas; increased use of an alternative supply source(s).
Mandatory Water Use Restrictions:
- Irrigation of landscaped areas with hose-end sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems shall be limited to days and times designated by the City Manager or his/her designee.
- Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane or other vehicle is prohibited except on designated watering days. Such washing, when allowed, shall be done with a hand-held bucket or a hand-held hose equipped with a positive shutoff nozzle for quick rinses. Vehicle washing may be done at any time on the immediate premises of a commercial car wash or commercial service station. Further, such washing may be exempted from these regulations if the health, safety, and welfare of the public is contingent upon frequent vehicle cleansing, such as garbage trucks and vehicles used to transport food and perishables.
- Use of water to fill, refill, or add to any indoor or outdoor swimming pools, wading pools, or Jacuzzi-type pools is prohibited except on designated watering days.
- Operation of any ornamental fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes is prohibited except where necessary to support aquatic life or where such fountains or ponds are equipped with a recirculation system.
- Use of water from hydrants shall be limited to fire fighting, related activities, or other activities necessary to maintain public health, safety, and welfare, or activities deemed to be governmental functions undertaken by the City of Midland or its officials, agents, employees or independent contractors.
- Use of water for the irrigation of golf course greens, tees, and fairways is prohibited except on designated watering days. However, if the golf course utilizes a water source other than that provided by the City of Midland, the facility shall not be subject to these regulations.
- All restaurants are prohibited from serving Water to its patrons except when requested.
- The following uses of water are defined as non-essential and are prohibited: 1. Wash down of any sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, or other hard-surfaced areas; 2. Use of water to wash down buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection; 3. Use of water for dust control; 4. Flushing gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street; and 5. Failure to repair a controllable leak(s) within a reasonable period after having been given notice directing the repair of such leak(s).