Quick Facts About Communicable Diseases
- Communicable diseases spread from one person to another or from an animal to a person.
- The spread often happens via airborne viruses or bacteria, but also through blood or other bodily fluid.
- The terms infectious and contagious are also used to describe communicable disease.
- Midland Health & Senior Services in conjunction with the Texas Department of State Health Services is responsible for receiving and following up on communicable disease reports within the City of Midland and Midland County.
- In addition, Midland Health & Senior Services is involved in tracking and responding to potential communicable disease outbreaks.
To report a Communicable Disease or Notifiable Condition
- Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.: 432-681-7617
- After Hours & Weekends: 888-963-7111
Click on the links in the table to learn more about some of the communicable diseases that are monitored: