Midland City Council will begin making appointments in September for the new fiscal year. The majority of terms will begin on October 1. Terms generally vary from two to four years. A complete list of Boards/Commissions, along with meeting schedules, is attached to the application form and can be found on the City’s website.
Applications are available at the City Secretary’s Office, Room 330, City Hall, 685-7441. The application can also be downloaded from the City website at www.midlandtexas.gov (select Government, and then click on Boards and Commissions). Deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m. on Friday September 2nd , 2022.
Following is a list of the remaining Boards/Commissions which have open seats:
• Airport Planning and Development Board – 3 seats
• Animal Services Advisory Commission – 2 seats
• Citizens Development and Hotel/Motel Advisory Board – 4 seats
• Midland Housing Authority Commission – 2 seats
• Midland-Odessa Urban Transit District Board – 3 seats
• Oil and Gas Advisory Commission – 2 seats
• Parks and Recreation Commission – 4 seats
• Planning and Zoning Commission – 2 seats
• Zoning Board of Adjustment and Airport Zoning Board of Adjustment – 1 seat, and 4 alternate seats