- Uniform and Equipment: All uniforms and equipment are furnished, with the exception of footwear. Uniforms are professionally dry cleaned at no expense to the employee.
- Personal Car Program: In 1978, the Department started the Personal Car Program. Very few departments in the state offer this benefit. In an effort to keep a safe and effective fleet, the department replaces one-fifth of its vehicles every year. Officers are issued a vehicle upon completion of the FTO program.
- Insurance: City of Midland employees are covered by major medical, hospitalization, dental and life insurance. The City funds over 70% of the premiums and participation in the program is optional. Participation begins two months from the date of employment.
- Retirement: The City of Midland is a member of the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS). Employee/Employer supported retirement begins at the date of employment. An employee contributes seven percent of their monthly wages to TMRS. The City then matches the employee contribution two to 1 upon retirement. Employees are eligible to retire after 20 years of service. Retirement becomes vested after five years of participation in TMRS.
- Applicants with prior or current military could receive up to 60 months towards their retirement for TMRS.
- Deferred Compensation: Employees may enroll in a deferred compensation program which shelters a portion of the employee's annual salary from taxes.
- Vacation/Holidays: Upon completion of one full year of consecutive service, employees shall be entitled to 15 regular working days of annual leave per year. Employees are also given 10 holidays per year.
- Sick Leave: Employees may accrue 10 days of sick leave for each year of service. Unused sick leave shall be cumulative up to a maximum of 90days.