The City of Midland is now accepting applications for this year’s Midland101 class.
Midland 101, led by Public Information Officer Sara Higgins, aims to familiarize citizens with the structure, function, and purpose of the City of Midland and to equip and encourage them to assume a leadership role within the community.
Applications are available under the Documents and Forms tab at www.midlandtexas.gov or in the City Manager's Office at 300 N. Loraine. Class size is limited. Deadline for applications is Monday, Sept. 15.
The class will meet once a month on Wednesdays, generally the second of each month, beginning Oct. 15 and running through April, from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Students will have the opportunity to learn about municipal government through presentations and tours of various departments.
To be eligible, students must:
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Reside within the Midland city limits
• Be registered to vote in Midland County
• Not currently hold or be running for elected office in any city, school district, county, state, or federal governmental body
• Be able to make a commitment to attend meetings
For more information, call the City Manager’s Office at 432-685-7200 or email Public Information Officer Sara Higgins at firstname.lastname@example.org.###
Media Contact: Public Information Officer Sara Higgins