Dear Legends Park Residents,
You should have received your rollout cart that will be used beginning January 1, 2014. The Solid Waste Department set one 95-gallon rollout cart in front of your home and the first collection day will be Friday, January 3, 2014. We will be removing the metal containers from your alley when we begin cart collection.
Your rollout cart will be collected using a fully automated system. To ensure that your cart is collected on the scheduled collection day, please follow these simple rules:
• Bag trash in rollout cart provided by the City of Midland to avoid odors and keep cart clean.
• Close lids to help avoid spillage and windblown litter.
• Please refrain from overfilling the cart with large, bulky items that stick out past the lid; be sure the lid closes.
• Do not place anything that is hot such as coals or ashes in the cart.
• Place cart out on your collection days by 7:00 a.m.; Tuesdays and Fridays.
• Place cart at the street, facing the street (wheels and handle toward your residence) on service day, with 3-foot space between carts and other objects.
• Do not park in front of cart.
• Please pull your cart from the curb on the evening of your collection day.
• We will not pick up items outside of the cart (please call the Solid Waste Department to schedule collection of large items).
• Only City of Midland-issued carts will be serviced.
Residents can request one additional cart for an additional $5 monthly fee. The Solid Waste Department will begin setting additional carts beginning January 6, 2014. Please contact the Solid Waste Department at 432-685-7278 to request an additional cart or with any other questions you may have.