Have you ever wanted to get more involved in your community? This is your chance! The City of Midland is now accepting applications for Boards and Commissions seats.
A wide variety of roles are available and are listed below. You may apply via email or in-person but applications must be received by 5:00 PM on August 31, 2018.
To apply online, please download the form from the City's web site under City Leadership - Boards and Commissions, fill it out completely, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received. If you have filled out a form and have not received a confirmation email, please call the City Secretary's office to ensure it was received.
Applications are also available in-person at City Hall, 300 N. Loraine, Suite 330 during business hours.
The Midland City Council will begin making appointments to Boards and Commissions in September for the new fiscal year. The majority of terms will begin October 1. Terms generally vary from two to four years. The following is a list of Boards/Commissions which will have open seats:
- Airport Planning and Development Board -2 seats
- Animal Services Advisory Commission -2 seats
- Building Codes Review Committee - 8 seats
- City Development Advisory Committee - 3 seats
- Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals - 5 seats, 2 alternate seats
- Hotel/Motel Tax Advisory Board - 3 seats
- Midland Higher Education Facilities Corporation -7 seats
- Midland Housing Authority Commission - 3 seats
- Midland-Odessa Urban Transit District Board - 3 seats
- Oil and Gas Advisory Committee - 2 seats (1 petroleum experience/real estate experience)
- Parks and Recreation Commission -2 seats
- Planning and Zoning Commission - 1 seats
- Zoning Board of Adjustment and Airport Zoning Board of Adjustment -2 seats, and 3 alternate seats
For questions or more information please contact the City Secretary's Office at (432) 685-7430.